Agricultural Engineering Study Program
Agricultural Engineering study program is a diploma 3 program. In this study program, the students focuses on agricultural engineering courses which enable the students to have core competencies in the field of agricultural tool and machinery such as: agricultural tool and machinery in cultivation, processing, transport system, and storage system of agricultural products. During the three-year study, the students will experience two different atmospheres: lecturing classes which are indoor activities and practicum classes which are indoor and outdoor activities. State Polytechnic of Jember applies such combined activities for five semesters – in this semester, the students also work on and finish their final projects. In the 6th (sixth) semester of this study program, the students conduct internship program in the relevant companies. Having completed the courses and the other requirement of the graduation, the graduates in this study program are able to master technical and managerial skills in operating, maintaining, solving agricultural machinery issues which deals with cultivation, processing, transport system and storage system of agricultural products, livestocks and plantation. By having such competencies, the graduate is able to work in the agricultural-machinery-specialized workshop, the manufacture of agricultural-machinery, food and beverage company, animal feed industry and fishing industry. This study program is for the senior high school graduates who have learnt physics, chemistry and mathematics and have interest in learning agricultural engineering.
Becoming a central and a reference of competitive vocational education in the field of agricultural engineering in ASIA in 2025.
- Performing vocational education to train competent and compettive graduates of agricultural engineering.
- Conducting applied research in the field of agricultural engineering in order to develop the technology in agricultural engineering.
- Conducting community service in accordance to the need of the society and the development of science and technology.
- Establish regional, national, and international cooperation
- Preparing competent and competitive associate degree-graduates who are able to compete in ASEAN level.
- Creating applied technology in the field of agricultural engineering that contribute to the development of agribusiness in Indonesia.
- Applying applied science and technology to society or industry in the field of agricultural engineering
- Implement and develop cooperation with other institutions in the field of agricultural engineering both regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Experimental Field Laboratory
- Computer laboratory
- Design Room
- Agrricultural Machinery and Equipment Laboratory
The graduate competenciesof this program study are set based on Indonesian Qualification Framework Level 5. They are described are as follow:
- The graduate is able to work on agricultural mechanization based on the various and selected data and method;
- The graduate is able to demonstrate excellent and measurable work on agricultural mechanization;
- The graduate is able to solve the issues of operation and maintenance of agricultural machinary and tools independently and responsibly based on the graduates knowledge and the principles of logical and innovative thinking;
- The graduate is able to report the results and work processes of agricultural workshops, agricultural services, and agricultural tools responsibly; andcommunicate the report to others who need responsibly and accurately.
- The graduate is able to work in group, comunicate and innovate at the workplace.
- The graduate is able to be responsible to the final result of group work.
- The graduate is able to supervise and evaluate the completion of work assigned to the subordinate staff.
- The graduate is able to evaluate the staff in the field of agricultural mechanization under his/her responsibility and manage the development of employees competencies;
- The graduate is able to document, store, secure, and recovere the data to ensure validity and preventing plagiarism;
- The graduate is able to operate and maintain agricultural equipment and machinery according to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP);
- The graduate is able to manage the use of agricultural equipment and machinery for production processes in accordance to the agrotechnical requirements;
- The graduate is able to execute simple modification of agricultural equipments and machinery in accordance to the requirements of engineering drawings or requested models;
- The graduate is able to examine and assess the performance of agricultural equipments and machinery according to Indonesian National Standard;
- The graduate is able to manage agricultural workshops according to SOP;
- The graduate is able to supervise activities related to agricultural equipments and machinery in accordance to the established quality standard;
- The graduate is able to spropose and report business in the field of agricultural workshops and services of agricultural equipment and machinery based on the principles of accountability;
- The graduate is work in group in making a written- report comprehensively.
- SUMBER REJEKI – COR LOGAM MAYANGAN – PASURUAN
- TREBLASALA – KANDANGLEMBU
- PETRO KIMIA – GRESIK
- PTPN XII (PERSERO)
- PERKEBUNAN TE H WONOSARI – MALANG
- PUSLIT KOPI KAKAO – JEMBER
- KALIWINING – JEMBER
- PERKEBUNAN THE
- GUCIALIT – LUMAJANG
- PABRIK GULA MINI DAN PENGOLAHAN KARET
- KALIREJO – BANYUWANGI PTPN XII
- CV. MATAHARI SEED
- JL SENTANA 87 – KARANG PLOSO
- KELAPA SAWIT (PGA)
- PT PERTANI – SEMARANG
- PTPN CIATER
- PT. PG MADU BARU
- PT RUMPUN SARI MEDINI
- PT. YANMAR INDONESIA
- PT. PERTANI
- PT. AGRINDO
- PTPN XII WONOSARI
- PG. KREBET BARU
- PERKEBUNAN THE GUCIALIT LUMAJANG
- KOPERASI PUTRA BUANA WARU SIDOARJO
- PUSAT PENELITIAN (PUSLIT) KOPI DAN KAKAO JENGGAWAH JEMBER
- PTPN XII (PERKEBUNAN TEH WONOSARI) – MALANG
- PT PALMINA UTAMA
- KAB. BARITOKUALA BANJARMASIN KALIMANTAN SELATAN
- PT BENIH CITRA ASIA JEMBER
- PT YUNAWATI KALIDUREN
- SUMBER BARU – TANGGUL JEMBER
- PT. KINTAB JAYA WATIE (KJW) – KINTAB KAB. TANAH LAUT
- BANJARMASIN KALIMANTAN SELATAN
- PTPN XII KEBUN GUCIALIT – KERTOWONO
- PT. RUMPUN SARI KEMUNING MARGOYOSO JAWA TENGAH SOLO – JAWA TENGAH
- PT. BUMITAMA AGRO GROUP KALIMANTAN BARAT