Management of AgribusinessStudy Program
Management of agribusiness study program is an associate degree program (Diploma 3) in State Polytechnic of Jember that provides three-year study (6 semesters). The study program offers core competencies, such as: capital management, finance, marketing, human resources, production process technology and farming technology. The learning process of this study program has students attend in lecturing classes and practicum classes both in laboratory and in the field during 5 (five) semesters. In the end of the semester, the students of this study program conduct internship program in the relevant companies and work on the final project. Thestudents have opportunities to enhance their knowledge, skills and practice to develop their careers during internship program. After completing the study, the students are able to master managerial and technical skill in agribusiness, including farming, animal husbandry, fishery, plantation and forestry. In addition, the graduate is able to demonstrate a high level of specific knowledge, such as: communication skills and entrepreneurship skills.By having those competencies, the graduate has opportunity to be entrepreneurs of agribusiness and employees in relevant companies such as:professional staff, assistant manager of agribusiness, agriculture consultant, and agribusiness supervisor. The candidates of the students that can register to this study program are the graduates of senior high school or the graduates of vocational school who has strong interest in agribusiness.
Becoming a center and a national reference of vocational education in the field ofAgribusiness in 2020.
- Performing vocational education programs in order to educate the graduate to have following characters: qualified leadership, professionalism, criticaland analytical thinking, and entrepreneurial skill and updated to current global issues.
- Conducting competitive applied research that competitive that meets the needs of industries and society.
- Conducting community services and maintaining the networks in national level.
- Educating the graduates to:
- Master the principles entreprenuershipin the field of agribusiness by studying entrepreneurship of agribusiness and agribusiness analysis in making and processing products which is applied in entreprenuership –based final project.
- Master the management of agribusinessproduction, management of human resources, management of finance, management of marketing, management of farming, management of trading , and agricultural trade system in order to be an assistant manager in agribusiness.
- Understand the cultivation techniques for some horticultural commodities, animal husbandry, fisheries, and plantations in order to be a reliable field assitant in the field of agribusiness.
- Be competent in the application of agribusiness system (production system, marketing system, human resources development, accounting or financial system, and quality control system) and be also competent in indentifing, formulating, and solving agribusiness management issues in order that the graduate is eligible to be supervisor of agribusiness.
- Perform comunication skills, work in team or group to inform knowledge of agricultreso that the graduate is qualified as agriculturalconsultant.
- Developing research activities and distributing the result and applying the result for the betterment society’s life.
- Expanding and developing community service and networking in agribusiness.
- Educating the graduates to:
Reffering to the final project criteria which has been set by study program as entreprenuership, the core competencies of the graduate are described as follow:
- The graduate is able to apply the principles of entreprenuership.
- The graduate is able to plan, operate, develop and increase the value of innovative and creative agribusiness unit.
- The graduate is able toidentify and manage the risks, optimize the opportunities and anticipate the uncertainty of the business in the future.
- The graduate is able to apply managerial principles.
- Agribusiness Entrepreneurship laboratory
- Computer laboratory
- Business Communication laboratory
- PT. Sosro
- BPPTH Ketindan
- PT. Kampung Cokelat
- PT. Benih Citra Asia